Important Homestead Property Tax Notice

Posted April 8, 2024 by Assessor

This will affect next year's property taxes and your eligibility for a Property Tax Refund.

Have you purchased or moved into a property in the past year?

Contact your county assessor to file a homestead application if you or a qualifying relative occupy the property as a homestead on or before December 31 of the current year. 

What is a qualifying relative?

Some relatives may qualify for homestead classification.

Qualifying relatives for both residential and occupied agricultural homestead include: parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews of the owner or of the spouse of the owner.

You must apply on or before December 31 of the current year.

Once homestead is granted for relative homestead an annual application is required.

Contact the assessor by December 31 of the current year if the use of the property you own or occupy as a qualifying relative has changed during the past year.   

If you sell, move, or for any reason no longer qualify for the homestead classification, you are required to notify the county assessor within 30 days of the change in homestead status.

Homestead Application  Non-Homestead Application

Goodhue County Government Center
509 W. 5th St.
Red Wing, MN 55066
Building Map
All content ©2024 Goodhue County, MN, and its representatives. All rights reserved.