Economic Assistance


HHS Dropbox

Dropping off paperwork? We now have a convenient, secure drop box located next to the front door that can be used at any time! Please put your paperwork in an envelope and write the name/department on the front of the envelope. Please note, originals will not be returned.

This department in partnership with the Minnesota Department of Human Services manages programs that provide support for low-income families, adults, elderly, and disabled individuals of Goodhue County. Eligibility is determined according to program requirements set by Federal and State laws.

New Online Application Process

Minnesota Department of Human Services has launched a new, online application to use when applying for public assistance benefits, which has replaced ApplyMN. This online service is mobile friendly, user friendly, can be fully translated in Spanish, and requires no account registration or passwords. Apply at for the following programs: 


To see if you or someone else may be eligible for benefits, use the Bridge to Benefits eligibility screening tool. If the tool says you may be eligible for Medical Assistance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Childcare Assistance, or Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) you can apply through Goodhue County Health and Human Services.

Report Fraud

Goodhue County actively pursues and investigates suspected fraudulent activity. Receipt of benefits such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Cash Assistance, Medical Assistance, and Childcare may be based upon who is living in the home and the income and/or assets of all or some of the household residents. If a person intentionally gives false information or conceals facts about their situation in order to receive or increase their benefits, they may be subject to prosecution or administrative action. This could result in felony-level charges, sentencing, and disqualification from receiving more program benefits.

For suspected fraud involving recipients of cash assistance, child care assistance, food support, and health care call the Department of Human Services (DHS) at 651-431-3968 or 1-800-627-9977 or go to Report Fraud or GCHHS 651-385-3200.

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

Contact Us


426 West Ave.
Red Wing, MN 55066


651-267-4879 (Fax)


Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Holiday Closures

Goodhue County Government Center
509 W. 5th St.
Red Wing, MN 55066
Building Map
All content ©2024 Goodhue County, MN, and its representatives. All rights reserved.