Permit Applications

Building Permit Forms

County Permit Applications

Building permit applications can be emailed to

For the Townships:

For the unincorporated townships. Submit applications to the county along with the Township Zoning Approval and other required items.

City Permit Applications

For the following cities, submit applications to the city. The county reviews the plans and does the inspections:

The cities below handle all code administration by the city: 

Owner As Contractor

An applicant for a residential building permit can be a Minnesota-licensed contractor or the property owner. Property Owners should also submit the Owner as Contractor Form with their permit application.

Township Zoning Approval Forms

Townships must approve most construction projects and building permits. The applicant should submit the township approval to the county along with the County Building Permit Application and other project submittals. For specific township information, contact the township clerk.


Permit Applications Permit Activity Reports Resources Housing Permit Reimbursement Program Department Home
Goodhue County Government Center
509 W. 5th St.
Red Wing, MN 55066
Building Map
All content ©2024 Goodhue County, MN. | Copyright Notices | Accessibility