Adult Protection

Adult Protective Services (APS) serves to safeguard adults who are vulnerable through assessment and engagement to stop, prevent, or reduce the risk of maltreatment.

A vulnerable adult is any person, 18 years of age or older who:

Maltreatment includes:

What Should I Do if I Suspect Abuse or Neglect?

Minnesota utilizes a centralized system for reporting suspected maltreatment of vulnerable adults known as the Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) who refers maltreatment reports to the lead investigative agency within the appropriate jurisdiction.

To Make a Vulnerable Adult Report

The Minnesota Adult Abuse Reporting Center (MAARC) is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

What Happens After I Make a Report?

Once a report is made, it will be forwarded to the correct state or county jurisdiction for review. Reports of maltreatment occurring by licensed facilities or licensed home care staff are routed to the appropriate state agency for investigation. Alleged incidents of maltreatment in community settings will be assigned to a County Adult Protection Investigator if appropriate.


Social Services

Adult Foster Care Adult Protection Child Care Child Foster Care Child Protection Mental Health Case Management Mental Health Resources Prevention Southeast Regional Crisis Center Substance Use Disorder Services FAQ Department Home
Goodhue County Government Center
509 W. 5th St.
Red Wing, MN 55066
Building Map
All content ©2024 Goodhue County, MN. | Copyright Notices | Accessibility